Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"movies In My brain": Top 5 Series!!

movies In My brain is a series/segment/shin-dig started by me, in which I post movie-related stuff from Apr. 5-9! Check out my post here and feel free to link and participate :)


Today, I'll be listing my favourite series movies. Yes, they are predictable choices, but good!!


*drumroll please...*

/drumroll

Why? Because I can't believe I forgot the Bourne Trilogy!! OMG! haha, so it would probably aroudn #3-ish. And it is amazing. So awesome, Matt Damon not only kills everyone, but he looks good doing it. Thanks to YA Vampire Books for helping me "remember". I would recommend it to people who like action more though.


5. X-Men- First, Hugh Jackman: you can act, fight, and sing. *swoon*. And all you other actors in the films are cool too. Especially you, Magneto.
I really love this series because I feel everything works well together, and it has such a fantastic premise. I mean, mutants! And they make their powers seem like a blessing rather than a curse, and then you have the people (like Storm) with the amazing powers. If I had any power, it would be controlling the weather. I mean I can strike people down with lightning bolts!
My tastes probably differ from most teenage girls, I love the action, fighting, effects, and explosions so that's probably why this series is on my list.

4. Harry Potter - As much as I love the books (and I love them an unbelievable amount) the movies just aren't as good! I don't know what people were talking about when they kept saying how good the sixth movie was, when I was watching it I just kept thinking about how different it is from the book. I think the movies would be so much better had I not read the books first because let's face it, you can't top the books.
Also, I don't see the chemistry between Ron and Hermione, and one-liners don't make a movie funny. Overall, I feel the first two movies were excellent, three to five were meh, and six was meh-plus. To be honest, this series made my list because of just how much I love the books.
I am still looking forward to the Deathly Hallows movie though! Two parts, I hope they wow me.


3. Star Wars- Okay, I will admit, I still have the VHS tapes from over ten years ago, when only #4,5,6 were released. Like c'mon, they're classics! Harrison Ford as Han Solo, random people as Luke and Leah, Chewbacca, Jabba the Hut (who still repells me) and all those cool creatures.
The more recent ones were probably more "my style" with the action, special effects, and *omg Hayden Christensen*(minus his acting), but I won't forget the beginning :D
When watching the New Hope, waves of nostalgia, people!

<-- Jason Bourne Goes Here.

2. Pirates of the Caribbean- Three words: Captain Jack Sparrow. Honestly, he made the movie, as in he made it awesome and attracted the audience and Johnny Depp is an incredible actor. Kiera Knightly and Orlando Bloom weren't so shabby themselves. I love the idea of the pirates for this movie, and how you have the quirky side characters like the two who call girls 'poppet' and one that loses his eye all the time. It's things like that which make the movie work so well.
The epic battles (like the one in the hurricane) were memorable, along with the characters that stick in your head long after the movie is over. And Jack Sparrow :D
They're making a fourth one! I think it's gonna be a let down though :/


1. Lord of the Rings - Who didn't see this coming? Best series ever. Why? Action. Fighting. Acting. Special Effects. Music. Hobbits, elves, dwarves, wizards, humans, and orcs. And Middle Earth was so so so well presented. Best epic fantasy quest film EVAR. Could go on for days.
Now I just need to read the books... (which I hope won't change my opinion of the film)

-&-

Leave a comment telling me your favourite series! Or movies in general :D
And have you watched Lord of the Rings? Did you like it?


12 comments:

  1. Great choices. I'm also a big fan of Harry Potter, Pirates of the Carribean and Lord of the Rings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on Lord of the Rings. Read the books, you'll love them! They're not quite as exciting as the movies (there are some slower parts), but still very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok i love pirates of the carribean wholly because of kiera nightly and jonny depps humour, harry potter because i love the books just as much as the movies, i think the graphics are amazing and i love how magical the movie and books are, because its all so believable. im not really into the other two oh and im a huge x men fan, rogue used to be my fav and i used to watch the cartoons and play the video games a while back haahaha, lol gotta love it the movies of course are awesome!

    ok my list

    Titanic of course :)
    Freedom writers, which i might review soon
    Troy
    step up 2
    xmen
    Pearl Harbour
    premonition which i might also review

    great choice of movies girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Fabulous choices! I fully support both LOTR and Pirates to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say I completely agree with what you said about Harry Potter. Overall, the movies did not live up to the books but the first two were awesome!! :) I think it sank because it got too commercial, buuut I have to admit it's not an easy task to squeeze in the complexity of the books into a mere two hours.
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Pirates, The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter is definitely on my list too! Which series are also on my list? Hmm...maybe the Bourne movies?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you on Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean! :D

    I remember watching star wars as a a kid so I forgot most of the things about the movie now :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely agree with your choices, though I'd put Star wars first. I looove Yoda! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I not get around to repying to all of you lovely commentors earlier?!

    Morgan- thank you! HP could have been a bit better (because I'm a book-freakazoid), but still good. Loved the other two so much!

    Brenda- Yeah! I really need to get around to that! I do hope they measure up to my astronomical expectations :P

    blueicegal- I'm such a huge fan of Johnny Depp, he is an amazing actor. and funny too =D No LOTR? What?! haha, that's okay.
    thanks you!!

    Rose- Thanks =D Love them!

    Elle- I'm glad you understand :) But you're completely right, you can't really expect them to include everything...I can hope though =p. I like the idea of a two-part Deathly Hallows so they can include more stuff!

    YA Vampire Books- OMG. BOURNE!! HOW DID I FORGET?!?!?!! OMG! I love love Matt Damon, I need to add that into my post ASAP! haha, thanks :P

    Fiona- Yeah, Star Wars does seem so long ago. I recently watched Star Wars marathon though, so I just had to include it :P

    thank you ALL for commenting :) I love reading and replying to what you say!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL I thought we were on the same wave length but LOTR *snores* the last one went on for days, days!!!!

    And yes you must add Bourne, love him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alexa- hahaha NO WAY! I'm a LOTR fangirl =)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*