Friday, April 9, 2010

"movies In My brain": Top 10 Songs from Movies

movies In My brain is a week-long shin-dig hosted by me where awesome book bloggers post movie-related stuff! It runs from Apr 5-9, and ANYONE can participate. If you post a movie-related post, leave a comment and I will link it here!
**

First, this is an "as of right now" type of post, so these are my favourite songs at the moment. I haven't heard every soundtrack out there, and I decided to leave off the instrumental ones (like HP and LOTR). Just songs!! And I think you can notice my tastes in music are different and varied! Some are happy, some sad, some quirky...that's me =)

Most of these songs are from more recent movies (like movies in the 2000's), not from the classics. The movie will be in parentheses, and a snippet of the lyrics will be in italics.

This is my absolute favourite post of this movies week, I've left the best for last! I'm such a music geek, I've played piano for forever, I love old and newer music, instrumental soundtracks, and songs from soundtracks!! So, I compiled both a playlist, and an individual "music-listening-thingamagig-lala" so you can listen to each song as you read about them!!

You can go my Playlist, which contains songs #2-10. Check them out, I hope you like them.

*drumroll*


In no particular order (but my speshul favourites are at the end =p):


10. Black Roses Red - Alana Grace (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants)

Can I ask you a question please?
Promise you won't laugh at me

Honestly, I'm standing here afraid I'll be betrayed...



alana grace - black roses red.mp3


Found at bee mp3 search engine


9. The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice (Closer)

And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me

Most of the time

And so it is

The shorter story
No love, no glory

No hero in her sky



Damien Rice - The Blowers Daughter .mp3


Found at bee mp3 search engine


8. Tree Hugger - Antsy Pants/Kimya Dawson (Juno)

The flower said, "I wish I was a tree,"
The tree said, "I wish I could be

A different kind of tree,

The cat wished that it was a bee.



Antsy Pants - Tree Hugger .mp3


Found at bee mp3 search engine


7. Hero - Regina Spektor ((500) Days of Summer)

I'm the hero of the story
Don't need to be saved...


Regina Spektor - Hero .mp3


Found at bee mp3 search engine


6. Hakuna Matata - Elton John (The Lion King)

It means no worries
For the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy
Hakuna Matata!



Lion King - Hakuna Matata .mp3


Found at bee mp3 search engine


5. Help Yourself - Sad Brad Smith (Up in the Air)

I know you'll help us when you're feeling better
and we realize that it might not be for a long, long time
But we're willing to wait on you

We believe in everything that you can do

if you could only lay down your mind

I want you to try to help yourself

**listen to this one. It is worth it =D


Sad Brad Smith - Help Yourself .mp3


Found at bee mp3 search engine


4. Anyone Else But You - The Moldy Peaches (Juno)

I kiss you on the brain in the shadow of a train
I kiss you all starry eyed, my body's swinging from side to side

I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you



The Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You .mp3


Found at bee mp3 search engine


3. Hallelujah - John Cale (Shrek)

It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah



John Cale - Hallelujah .mp3


Found at bee mp3 search engine


2. Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova (Once)

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time

Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice

You'll make it now


Glen Hansard & Markéta Irglová - Falling Slowly .mp3


Found at bee mp3 search engine



1. The Weary Kind - Ryan Bingham (Crazy Heart)

And this ain't no place for the weary kind

And this ain't no place to lose your mind
And this ain't no place to fall behind

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try


The Weary Kind was nowhere to be found on the trustworthy Playlist.com, so I included a Youtube clip, it's that good. The song itself will be below the clip.




Ryan Bingham - The Weary Kind .mp3


Found at bee mp3 search engine


-&-


I absolutely LOVE the last 3 songs. Seriously, they are absolutely amazing, please give them a chance!

Leave a comment telling me your favourite songs or soundtracks from a movie! Which movie? Which song? And how good is it??


3 comments:

  1. I See You - Leona Lewis (Avatar)
    Will look into all these tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle- you're right, that song is great. I just listened to it the other day :) thanks for the recommendation

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely adore Hero by Regina Spektor and 500 Days of Summer! :)
    I really enjoyed #10 and #2 especially! Great picks Audrey! :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*