Monday, April 5, 2010

"movies In My brain": Kick Off!

First, check out my Movies-inspired contest for Paper Towns by John Green HERE!! The rights to that book have been sold, so maybe it might become a movie :)

Alright, so thanks for stopping by the first post of my week-long shindig, "movies In My brain". Movie related posts for 5 days, Apr 5-9. Anyone can participate just by posting their own movie-related stuff on their blog! In fact, if they do, they get an extra 5 entries into my aforementioned Paper Towns Contest!

So I wasn't sure what type of fun stuff use to kick off the week, don't worry, another post will be on later today. You can expect 2-3 movie posts per day, so check back often! =)

I settled on just doing a "movies I am looking forward to", which are basically movies that are gonna be released in theatres sometime soon. Movies that aren't out yet, and if I can, I'll include trailers! Summaries are taken from YouTube, and so are the trailers. If the trailers aren't working, or if they cause everything to lag like crazy, please leave a comment telling me so so I can change them!!

*drumroll please*


Letters To Juliet (Released: May 7)
Ft: Amanda Seyfried (Dear John) and Vanessa Redgrave

Summary (from youtube): When a young American (Amanda Seyfried) travels to the city of Verona, home of the star-crossed lover Juliet Capulet of Romeo and Juliet fame, she joins a group of volunteers who respond to letters to Juliet seeking advice about love. After answering one letter dated from 1957, she inspires its author (Vanessa Redgrave) to travel to Italy in search of her long-lost love, which sets off a chain of events that will bring a love into both their lives unlike anything they have ever imagined.
--Sound good or what?? And I do think Amanda Seyfried is a pretty good actress.



Robin Hood (May 14)
Ft: Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett

Summary: Robin Hood chronicles the life of an expert archer, previously interested only in self-preservation, from his service in King Richards army against the French. Upon Richards death, Robin travels to Nottingham, a town suffering from the corruption of a despotic sheriff and crippling taxation, where he falls for the spirited widow Lady Marion, a woman skeptical of the identity and motivations of this crusader from the forest. Hoping to earn the hand of Maid Marion and salvage the village, Robin assembles a gang whose lethal mercenary skills are matched only by its appetite for life. Together, they begin preying on the indulgent upper class to correct injustices under the sheriff.
--Just the type of film I like, lots of action, battle, and swords/arrows! I know, I have weird tastes.




Shrek 4: Forever After (May 21)
Ft: Mike Myers and Cameron Diaz

Summary: Haha, no summary! Sorry, just a trailer. But most of you probably know what these Shrek movies are all about, plus the trailer is self-explanatory. Doesn't it look fun??




Toy Story 3 (June 18)

Summary: Woody, Buzz, and the rest of their toy-box friends are dumped in a day-care center after their owner, Andy, departs for college.
--Andy is going to college?? Say, What?!? Can you believe it's been 10 years since the last Toy Story?
HERE'S a link to the trailer.


And just for the heck of it...Eclipse (June 30)
Ft: All those famous kids

Summary: is this needed? Really? Cullens/Werewolves/Bella vs. Bad Guys
And Here's a link to the trailer



Inception (July 16)
Ft: Leonardo DiCaprio and Ellen Page

Summary: A CEO-type becomes involved in a blackmailing scandal.
--Please watch the trailer, it actually looks fantastic!!!


and lastly...
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Nov 19)

Summary: Again, who doesn't know?! If you actually don't, go read the book right now!
--I don't think there's an official trailer yet, hopefully sometimes soon =)

-&-

So I hope you enjoyed this "movies In My brain" kick-off! Tell me what you think, check out my intro post, and please feel free to participate! Leave a link in the comments :)

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Eclipse and Harry Potter!

    Robin Hood looks good too, although Russel Crowe appears o be playing the Gladiator again! I love leo and Ellen so I'm sure I'll watch Inception, even though it looks strange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "movies in My brain" post! I'm always checking my iphone to see the upcoming trailers and even last night I was trying to watch the Letters to Juliet trailer but could NOT get it to load! What about the Letters to God movie? I think that's the name of it...there was a book about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want to see Letters to Juliet-Amanda Seyfried looks really pretty and I love crappy romantic comedies. My question after the trailer is why are people writing to a fictional character? They do know she's not real, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to a bunch of those too! Letters To Juliet especially, even though I kind of don't like Amanda Seyfried (I think that has to do with how much I loathed Mama Mia), but it looks like really cute movie. And the Ellen Page one sounds great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexa- Yeah, although I have to get around to watching New Moon first, haha. HP ftw :) And Russel Crowe was kind of amazing in Gladiator, so I had to put this one one. And Ellen Page was so so good in Juno!

    Stacy- Thank you! I myself go through sprees where I search up like every single trailer, even if the movie is out already. I've never heard of Letters to God though, I should check it out. Sounds interesting :)

    Stephanie- Me too! I'm a sucker for warm-happy-romantic-comedies. My downfall :P I'm guessing they're writing to Juliet not so much for Juliet but to talk about their own failed romances. but that's my guess =)

    Lauren- I've never seen Mama Mia, is it that bad? lol. I haven't seen Dear John either so I don't really know Seyfried's acting abilities. Go Ellen Page aka Juno (loved that movie :P)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen Mamma Mia, didn't find it too bad! I'd say it's just a silly movie to watch at home with some girlfriends. :) All these movies look great, but I'm really looking forward to Harry Potter and Shrek 4. I'll have to check the others out, escpecially Inception (with DiCaprio and Ellen Page), which I haven't heard of before (looks like it's getting released in 3D). And my cousin's dying to watch Eclipse, which I will probably end up watching in the last minute. =) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many good-looking movies coming up! I'm definitely going to watch some of the movies you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elle- Mama Mia looks like such a weird/funny/odd movie... I might watch it, I'm not sure. Thanks for commenting!

    YA Vampire Books- I know! It's gonna be a good movie year, I think :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*