Sunday, April 25, 2010

Kiss and Tell (1)

This is a fun new meme started by the very awesome Aly from Fantasy4Eva. It is kind of like predicting how much you like a book before you read it, and Aly-I'm so sorry for taking so long on this! :/

You can go HERE to find out more about Kiss and Tell. If you check out her links, you can sign up with the Mr. Linky and participate in your own meme! Even if you don't want to do the meme, still check out her blog, it's very pretty :)

Alright, so without futher ado...

Book: Before I Fall
Author: Lauren Oliver

Source: Library!

Synopsis (from goodreads):
What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life? Samantha Kingston has it all—looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12th should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it’s her last. The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. In fact, she re-lives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she had ever imagined.

Kiss and Tells: Either 9 or 7

Praise-
Uhm.. everywhere? Who hasn't heard the praise? I was probably most hyped up about this because of the endorsements from Sharon at Sharon Loves Books and Cats, and from author Jay Asher.


My Thoughts:
I already know that this one is probably a hit-or-miss type of book. I'm either gonna love it and gush all about it, or dislike it because of pacing or characters. I've read a wide array of reviews for this, and I will probably side with one of them instead of falling into the happy middle. I do hope I really like the book though!


And here's something random ;) -
I woke up at 9:15 this morning because I thought the clock read 10:15. It saddened me because I missed out on some very valuable sleeping in time. And, sleeping in is probably up there with reading as one of my favourite hobbies.


4 comments:

  1. hey its fine thanks for joining in i loved reading your post, i really want this one so i think your rating is pretty accurate! it sounds awesome im really hoping i get this one soon, and aww poor you! i have that problem god sleeping in for me is like bliss if anyone wakes me up super early i get really grumpy lol, had fun reading thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waking up early sucks big time! :)
    I have high expectations for this book, it has gotten so many great positive reviews. I also just adore that cover. Hope the book is going to blow you away ( in a good way) and I cannot wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is sitting on my bookshelf...and just waiting and waiting and waiting. I swear, it's tempting to start it ASAP! But library books are a priority. Gosh darn. Yes, this would probably be a really good book though ;)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*