Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday's Finest (9)

Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

Oh my gosh, I almost forgot to post this! Haha time to check my "quotes" document saved on my computer. Got it!

Book: Wintergirls
by Laurie Halse Anderson

Quote:

"For one moment we are not failed tests and broken condoms and cheating on essays; we are crayons and lunch boxes and swinging so high our sneakers punch holes in the clouds. For one breath everything feels better.

Then it melts."


-&-
Something about this quote just speaks to me, about how we grow up over time and things change. I felt the choices of words, such as "sneakers punch holes in the clouds" is just really true. Then, all the hope just falls.

I loved this book, you can read my review of it here. Laurie Halse Anderson is an amazing author! But this is not an easy read.

So what are your favourite quotes?

10 comments:

  1. The quote is lovely...seems like the book is a great read too. But as you say,it also sounds a 'not an easy read'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought long and hard about reading wintergirls, i dont know why ive put it of, but great review, i might just give it a chance :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for participating!! :)

    This book sounds like a deep read, which I really love. (I'm into reading Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Picoult these days).

    It's sad, this quote. It reminds me that everyone was a child once...and how everything was fine. Then we're brought to the present and "Then it melts". *sigh* That's what I think of it. I love this quote, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. bookaholic - Yeah, prepare to feel pretty depressed when you read it :p

    blueicegal- I would recommend it, but not when your sad! You'll just feel worse after, I think :/

    Justine- thanks for hosting this wonderful meme, it's one of my favourites because I love quotes! And Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Picoult are AMAZING authors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. same here!! i love reading jodi picoult and nicholas saprks, ive read a ton of his book as i have hers, my fav book of his, has to be a walk to remember and from her The pact, i love my tearjerkers, and i love my quotes i have a tab dedicated to just quotes lol on my blog have a look if you like :)

    Fantasy4eva The quotes are under the inspiration tab :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this book, and while I loved it, it was very hard for me to finish it. EDs ring far too true for me...I read and loved your review though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wintergirls is amazing book! I read it on one sitting, I just couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. blueicegal- loved your quotes! I left a couple of my own, maybe sometime I'll dedicate a whole post to my favourite 'life' quotes :)

    Melissa- I understand, this book really isn't for everyone. Such a tough read too, thanks for leaving a comment :)

    Milka- I'm really glad you liked it, I did too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for commenting you had some great ones!, ill be posting some more up soon, maybe we can share again, and im following you as of now, and was thinking, could you add me to your blogs i stalk list, and ill add you to my blog list, or let me know if you have a button i can add that instead, sound okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I added you! and sorry, I don't have a blog button, a tad too high-tech for me :P
    I'm looking forward to your new quotes =)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*