Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday's Finest (11)

Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

Taken from one of my favourite reads this year, The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta (released in March 2011). I'm going to reread it before writing a review that will hopefully do the book justice. By knowing that Melina Marchetta is the author, you better bet the quotes are amazing.

Book: The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta

Quote:
She's beautiful and God he loves the fact that she still wears a ponytail and looks like a kid her age. She's running to him and there's nothing graceful about Anabel because the Finch women aren't really that graceful. They're just beautiful and smart and fierce and ridiculously uncool. A bit like Tara.

**
(Anabel is Tom's sister)

Their relationship reminds me of Phoebe and Holden in Catcher in the Rye, Tom really is a better person because of her. Anabel brings out the best in him, and this quote just speaks about how much I love the writing. You can barely even tell it's from a 3rd person POV.

And this won't be the last appearance of Melina Marchetta's book for my Friday's Finest favourite quotes! Look forward to more :)

Did you like the quote? I loved the "ridiculously uncool" part.

7 comments:

  1. i've never heard of this book or even this author... but what a great quote! the writing sounds excellent from that snippet. i will make a note of the name.

    just popped overfrom the blog-hop by the way. i prefer to read a non-hop post to get a better idea of the blogs though, so thought i'dcomment here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wonderful quote. I loved this book, it was pretty much full of wonderful quotes.

    I'm trying to write my review, it's hard, I just want to put I LOVED IT!! READ IT, READ IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible quote. Never heard of the book but it makes me want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by from the blog hop, already a follower but wanted to check in and see what's new...love the quote for today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Nice to meet you. I am looking forward to reading more about the book, and more your blog.

    Stop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love this. (Esp because it's romantic! Heehee). Lol :P I love the sound of the book. I like 3rd person. And oh gee, I have to remind myself to read Catcher in the Rye. My English teacher loves talking about it. Anyway, nice choice this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ben- thanks for stopping by :) and Yes, i would totally recommend Melina Marchetta's novels, they're all fantastic. This one isn't released until next year though :o

    Alexa- yes, that's my basic outline for my review... haha. I loved it, I think it'll be hard to write a review that does the book justice.

    Karen- it's a wonderful book by an amazing author! I recommend her books completely :D

    Katelyn- Thanks for dropping by and I'm glad you liked the quote!

    Heather- I already visited your blog, thanks for stopping by mine :)

    Justine- thanks :) I love this meme, thank you so much for hosting it!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*