Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesday's 3 Couples (4)

Wednesday's 3 Couples is a post/meme I created for myself to help me regulate posts. It is biweekly, and usually has a theme! It lets me share my love of YA lit couples with others.

This week's theme: blechhhh (as in, annoying and just generally unpleasant to read about)
And although Twilight would probably take the cake, I'll leave it off this one.

*Spoilers may be included!!*


1. Grace and Sam (Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater)
-Um, this one might bring some "awwes" from other people, but I find it unrealistic and slightly creepy. For one, Grace immediately loves Sam...after obsessing over him when he was a wolf. The relationship was syrupy and just too fast.
-Read my opinion on this love HERE, and my review of Shiver HERE.

2. Aislinn and Keenan (Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr)
-Blech, just the thought of Keenan's arrogance and annoying tendancies to chase a girl who is clearly NOT INTERESTED is echh.
-Listen to me rant about this HERE.

3. Liz and Owen (Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin)
-This time, I just felt it was unconvincing. The relationship itself was sweet, but the writing in the book kinda made it feel more shallow and unrealistic.
-Read my review of Elsewhere HERE

---

Your thoughts? Any couples you just can't stand? Couples that you thought should have been on this list??? Leave your ideas in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Personally i didn't finish shiver so I can't comment on the relationship but I didn't finish so I think that is an indication. I'm curious at your other choices though.

    Seahn

    ReplyDelete
  2. bookaholic- thanks :)

    Seahn- Haha, you're one of the few that agree with me :P Honestly wouldnt recommend the other two, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually liked Grace and Sam, but i am getting kinda used to the love at first sight phenomenon in YA. What happend to a good old fashioned courtship??

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*