Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday's 3 Couples (3)

"Wednesday's 3 Couples" is an idea I came up with to help me regulate posts and encourage me to continue postinw without slacking (that much). It also allows me to share my love with couples I love in YA books. Leave a comment and tell me what you think of it! I started it months ago but alas, the regular posts failed... my bad... anyways, I revived it! Cheers!

This week's theme: Just didn't work out...


*SPOILERS INCLUDED, SORRY!!!!*



1. Liam and Maya (Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert)
-For those who read the book, didn't the ending just break your heart? I won't spoil it, but seriously, this had potential. Liam was one of my favourite characters and Maya was so well drawn out. *sniff*
-And for those of you who haven't read the book... READ IT. It's seriously amazing, everybody says so but there just isn't as much hype as it deserves. Please!


2. Quentin Jacobsen and Margo Roth Spiegelman (Paper Towns by John Green)
-A book right up there with my favourites, this relationship is kinda one-sided, yet quirky and fittingly sweet. Margo has her secrets, but Q never gives up on her...but won't lie, this relationship didn't have as much potential as it did intrigue. Wish it did work out though.
-Fabulous book as well, I, like every other YA lit lovin' girl out there has a crush on John Green, DFTBA!


3. Gemma and Kartik (The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray)
-Again, if you read the series... shucks. The ending was sad, it was a well written...but just sad. It just didn't work out, but I like the fact that this relationship was faithful from the start, as in there wasn't any out-of-character-ness from either one of them.
-Excellent historical fiction novel, see my review on it HERE.


---
So? What did you think? Do you like/approve of this meme?
And any ideas for next week/weeks/whenever I do this again?






PS- Leave a comment telling me what's YOUR favourite couple that 'just didn't work out'... or couple in YA lit in general.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books but those characters (especially Quentin and Margo) sound amazing. I'll defiantly give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any of them? *gasp*
    haha, that's okay, I guess. But you should really do so...soon :P
    thanks for commenting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy this meme and i'm going back a reading them as I only just found your blog via bookworming n the 21st century spotlight.
    I am a fan girl of john green. haven't read the others though.

    Seahn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seahn- Thank you so much for stopping by! Haha, John Green is the bomb :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*