Wednesday, March 3, 2010

random Musings

Whoa, did you know I had 100 posts already? This is 101! Whoa!
And is "Whoa" supposed to be "Whoa" or "Woah", I'm never really sure.

So for this random segment of random musings which I'm sure I will edit later and put in the loads of stuff I've forgotten, I'm gonna go over some books that for some reason I just don't want to read, not because of the summaries or the reviews, but just an instant turn-off.

The Iron King (by I'm not sure who) I think this is about faeries, or some fantasy land or something (judging how unfairly, by the cover) but I dunno, a lot of people have had so many good things to say about it but I just don't want to read it.

The Dark Divine- Okay, now this one I know tons of bloggers LOVED, but as soon as they rolled the summary- something to do with mystery, love, and something that is a bit overdone-just an instant turn-off. I don't even know why! Because usually I would enjoy those types of novels! Maybe it's the cover, the black and the pink (bad combo IMO)

Bleeding Violet- This is why I was kinda blaming the Dark Divine on a cover that I didn't really like, because I think these two covers are kinda similar...and surprise surprise, I don't want to read this one either.

Faerie books. I'll admit, I've only read like ONE fairy book (Wicked Lovely) but seriously? There are just too many books out there now that I don't even want to get started on that genre. Angels I think will take a bit more time for me to get sick of.

Vampire books. Only exception: Vampire Academy, other than that, I refuse to read any more vampire books. OVERDONE. Please find me something new.

Need/Captivate - I just won a copy of Captivate so I decided to start reading Need (from library) and it's okay so far. I'll be honest, I didn't want to read this book that much, i mean the gold lips? Uhmm, and pixies? uhmmm... yeah. Maybe it's too out there for me? Or maybe just cause the supernatural things it too common.

Fallen - Uhm, I've heard mixed reviews, but I'm not even tempted to read this (apart from pretty cover) because it just has a plot I know I will dislike as soon as I start reading it. Woah, prejudices! sorry!

And this one is completely based on the cover alone. I saw this on my blogger dashboard, with the "waiting on wednesdays" memes, but it's Grace by Elizabeth Scott. Sorry, I don't like the cover, don't want to read the book!

--

On a positive note, there are some books out there that I am DYING to read, including two (TWO!!!) Melina Marchetta books Finnikin of the Rock and The Piper's Son (which is a companion novel to Saving Francesca, w00t).

And all those positive reviews of Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver has made me want to get it, thank god the library has this one on order right now!

And I really want to read Incarceron by Carrie Fisher, it looks so interesting :)

And I'm poor. So I can't buy these books... :'(

Percy Jackson is my new phase, I went and watched the movie last week, started the books last friday, and I'm on book 4 already :) An excellent series for MG and young YA (do you know what I mean? pre teens lol) great action/adventure/likable hero.

And spring break is coming up!! next week!! Oh god, I really need to do some homework.

Check out the site amirite.net. It's funny, and most of these people are right ;) kind of like MLIA.

I love PostSecret too :) I know its been around for a LONG time, but I just found out about it a couple weeks ago and have been going through those secrets, so many heartfelt ones, funny ones, sad ones :/



and lastly... I LOVED THE OLYMPICS. GO CANADA. YOU GUYS OWNED THE PODIUM :) <333

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big fan of faerie books either, and Wicked Lovely was the only one I read, too. I just feel they're way too out there and unrelatable.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*