Sunday, March 28, 2010

movie Week? yay or Nay?

So I'll admit, this week I didn't finish any books because (insert embarrassed emoticon *here*) I was too busy either watching movies or rereading various books (Going too Far, The Ask and the Answer for starters, even though I've got some awesome books on my bedside table right now :S). Back to watching movies- my mom rented quite a few of those 'new releases' and I myself went through a movie watching phase.

Okay okay, phase might be overdoing it. Let's just say a movie-watching fascination, because I only watched like 5 or so movies... And I'm not the biggest movie-lover out there, sitting still for 2 hours straight is hard!

SO: I was wondering, how would you guys feel if I were to do something like a "Movie Week" where I write short reviews about movies (newer ones) as opposed to bookish things? Take a break from the words and watch the screen?

If you're curious, the movie reviews would most likely be for: The Hurt Locker, The Blindside, Julie & Julia, Up In the Air, and a random one.... notice the "Oscar" theme?

And if you like, check out my previous Movie "Reviews/thoughts" for The Proposal and Star Trek. You can probably expect something similar to that!

Leave a comment telling me if you would rather me do my usual book memes/book-related stuff or you would like to see a week filled with movie-related things!!!






PS- if I end up doing a movie extravaganza (which is, again, overstating) feel free to do some too :D We can't all be bookworms 24/7!

5 comments:

  1. I like movies. I know lots of readers who blog movies.

    ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a movie week would be great. Movies are my 2nd favorite entertainment, after books, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to read it; I've talked about movies on my blog and I always like to see what other people think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the replies, guys! I hope you won't mind if I send you an email asking you to participate (completley optional!)
    I think I'm going to go ahead with this :D

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*