Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday's Finest (8)

Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.

How many of you guessed there would be another Patrick Ness book being quoted? I recently finished it (amazing) and dog-eared (sorry!) the quotes I loved. And I'm sad that I'll have to return it to the library! I'm gonna include 2 quotes now, one is a bit more sinister.

Book: The Ask and the Answer
by Patrick Ness


Quote 1: "We are the choices we make."

Quote 2: "I have two maxims that I believe, dear girl," the Mayor says, coming slowly toward us. "One, if you can control yourself, you can control others. Two, if you can control information, you can control others."


~&~

True? I especially like the first one, but the second one makes me think...

Leave a comment with a quote from a book you like! Or maybe just tell me if you love Patrick Ness :P

His third book in the Chaos Walking Trilogy is out in May (in the UK) and Sept (in US) I believe.





5 comments:

  1. I just received these this week. Those quotes make me really want to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you like them; I think it's an excellent series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating in this meme!! :)

    I very much agree with the first one. Our choices define who we are. The second quote....I'm confused about that one, haha. I think I sort of get it. But I'm quite intrigued in this series! I should give it a try one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree that the first quote is the lovelier of the two. To be true,I couldn't quite grasp the second one :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Justine and bookaholic - I can definitely see where you guys are coming from :/
    I guess I wasn't really considering it when writing the quotes, but it was just that when reading it, this quote was really central to the novel's plot, not so much to life! Sorry to make it confusing :S
    Thanks for reading and commenting though! :D

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*