Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday's Finest (7)

Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.
Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.


This is from a book I read last week, but it sticks with me and is so powerful, raw, and dark. I definitely recommend it and I hope (*lol, doubt it*) that I can get around to reviewing it for you on this blog. The writing style is amazing!


Book: The Knife of Never Letting Go
by Patrick Ness


Quote:
" "Here's what I think," I say and my voice is stronger and thoughts are coming, thoughts that trickle into my noise like whispers of truth. "I think maybe everybody falls," I say. "I think maybe we all do. And I don't think that's the asking."
I pull on her arms gently to make sure she's listening.
"I think the asking is whether we get back up again.""


True? Yes? No?
And have you read the book before? Did you like it?



2 comments:

  1. I keep taking this out of the library shelf and putting it back in - not sure why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all three of these books by Patrick Ness but I have not started them yet. I heard of them from Cassandra Clare twitter or goodreads page. She said they were great and she recommended them. So I bought them. They are rather thick I had better read them soon.


    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*