Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday's 3 Couples (11)

Wednesday's 3 Couples is a feature/meme that was created to help me regulate posts and share my love of YA lit couples. It is biweekly, and usually has a theme.
**

Shoutout to The Golden Eagle and Salarsen who probably unknowingly inspired this week's theme. Remember, if you have any ideas make sure to leave a comment ;)

Theme: Adults/Parents in YA Lit

1. James and Lily Potter (Harry Potter series by JK Rowling)
-Okay, the flashback in OOTP was both sad (poor Snape) and so insightful to the blossoming (erm...) relationship between the two
-Just that scene makes me so insanely curious to know how they actually did end up falling in love
-When they came out of Voldemort's wand in Book 4 and spoke to Harry... *sniff*
-They gave their lives to save their son, nothing is more valuable than that.



2. Jamie and Cora (Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen)
-I liked how they seemed all perfect on the surface but Dessen added a level of depth to them with their own problems
-Loved how they took in treated Ruby, and generally how selfless they were
-Cora is just an amazing woman, I wish I knew one of her in real life
-Jamie is wickedly cool!



3. Mom and Dad (If I Stay by Gayle Forman)
-Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are their actual names! haha, just kidding, but honestly I don't know it, or their last names for the matter.
-I think I'm more in love with the idea of them, because let's face it, they're a bit too perfect and unrealistic.
-They're funny and quirky and have their own little thing going on and it rocks!
-They complement each other really well and are so supportive of Mia :)
-The book was fabulous.. and sad *sigh*

**
Which ones did I miss? I just have this niggling feeling that I'm missing a really obvious one :s I kind of wanted to include either Frankie or Tom's parents from MM books, but I decided these ones were a bit more well known. Your favourite YA parents?

2 comments:

  1. hun i am missing you like crazy :( i miss your lovableness, come back soon, and take lots of pictures, *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah- Lilly and James :D

    The parents in it sucks to be me are great too!

    And the Cullens! Esme and Carlisle--- Oh Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*