Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday's Finest (3)

Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.

I'm already deviating from the "books" rule...haha (sorry!!). The following clip is probably one of the most inspiring segments I've ever seen and heard. It occurs during a pep talk during a football game, but it doesn't only apply to football, this quote and this clip applies to life.
Last thing-- Al Pacino equals love.

Movie: Any Given Sunday (1999)

Quote/clip: *Warning: 1 swear word used*



If you don't want to watch the 4 minutes that just might change your life, I advise you to start watching from 1:48 to 3:20.
But seriously, please watch the clip, it's one of my absolutely favourite non-book quotes. My basketball coach played this clip for the team when we went into an elimination game as underdogs, and we won that game (I doubt it was entirely because of the clip, but it helps!).

Leave a comment telling me what you think. Is life just a game of inches? The six inches in front of your face?

--AyC

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great quote! It gave me a lot to think about. I've actually never seen the movie, but it looks really good! I just found your blog and I really like it! The about me section really made me laugh, hehe I love cheesecake too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm so glad you liked it! To be honest, I haven't seen the movie either *blushes* but I just remember watching this clip :p
    ...mmmmm cheesecake. Darn, I'm craving it now!! lol.
    And I'm so happy you like my blog!! Thanks for visiting and leaving such a nice comment :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*