Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday's Finest (2)

Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.


I know I already featured the following quote on my book review of the book (here) but I'm pretty sure like only one person read it, so this will still be somewhat new and unknown, if you know what I mean. I hope more people read this meme than they did my review, because this is definitely a quote worth remembering.



Book: Leftovers by Laura Wiess

Quote: "See, guys freak out. They hit critical mass and blast nuclear, white-hot anger out over the world like walking flame throwers.

But girls freak in. They absorb the pain and bitterness and keep right on sponging it up until they drown.

Maybe that’s why nobody’s real worried about girls going off and wreaking havoc. It’s not that the seething hatred and need for revenge isn’t there, hell no. It’s just that instead of erupting and annihilating our tormentors, we destroy ourselves instead."

-Leftovers (p.3)

I wrote down this quote and saved it in a little file where I keep my favourite quotes. It really strikes me as something that is not only plausible but true. I could probably go on and on about this, but I'll leave it at that.

What do you guys think? True? False?

--AyC

PS- see all my "Friday's Finest" posts by clicking on the TAG in the sidebar or at the bottom of this post.

5 comments:

  1. Great quote! I definitely agree with what's being said. It's actually pretty crazy how girls deal with things. (Not saying that guys don't do it too) I'll definitely be putting this book on my must-read list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for participating in Friday's Finest :)

    I love this quote. I can definitely agree with it. And the last part got me because it's just so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting it! When I saw it was a meme about quotes, I knew I had to participate because I love writing down quotes from books. :)

    I'm glad you guys enjoyed the quote, I think it's really true as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over from Book Blogs! I am now following you.
    Heather
    http://www.ratherbechangingdiapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love Book Blogs, I need to go there more consistently though. Thanks for following, I followed you as well!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*