Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wednesday's 3 Couples (2)

First, "Wednesday's 3 Couples" is an idea I came up with to help me regulate posts and encourage me to continue postinw without slacking (that much). It also allows me to share my love with couples I love in YA books. Leave a comment and tell me what you think of it! Oh, and feel free to copy it (not that anybody will...)


As I mentioned last week, this post is about characters in uniform (like police/army etc.) and the relationships they form. Who can see where this is going??




1. Taylor Markham & Jonah Griggs (On the Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta)
-raise your hand (unliterally) if you saw this coming! haha, you guys should know my love for Melina Marchetta's amazing book. Griggs is just so perfect for Taylor, and their history just makes the sexual tension that much more. He's always there for her, and I love that part (SPOILERS) where he's waiting for her at 2 in the morning because he knew she would leave to find her mother. That was just too cute. (Oh, Jonah is a Cadet, which is uniform...jsyk)

2. Meg & John After (Going Too Far - Jennifer Echols)
-With the entire book revolving around the tension and the evolving relationship between these too, it's hard to not include it. It's so well written (since everything is about them) without a big subplot so readers get to read about the developing romance astronomical amount of sexual tension.

3. Tonks & Remus Lupin (Harry Potter series - JK Rowling)
-Okay, we are counting Tonks as 'uniform' because she is an auror! Yes, that counts! I make up the rules :D Need I say more for this absolutely amazing couple? I love how it's Tonks who goes after Remus, not the other way around, and I love both their characterizations! I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and this is right up there with my fave couples (after Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione)

Next Week: It just didn't work out (yes, you know what I mean!)

Your favourite couples? Favourite pairing in HP? Oh, and any ideas for themes? Leave a comment!

-AyC

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with Jellicoe Road and Jonah. I desperately want to read Going Too Far.
    Seahn

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Jonah is the BEST YA love interest in uniform out there!! I hope you can read Going Too Far soon :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*