Thursday, December 3, 2009

so looking Forward>> to

I bought books again! Yes, another spree, this time I'm getting 5 books!!!!!

Oh my gosh, I am unbelievably excited, except for now is the time I obsess until the books arrive (got them from the Book Depository, I'll mention later whether or not I recommend their service since this is the first time I have used this website, but others have liked it).

Oh, and I was pretty excited to find they added CAD$, instead of just pounds and US$ and something else.

So I ordered (and yes, I realize some of these books are from earlier 2009):
  • Fire - Kristen Cashore (my friend promised to buy me this from the states except he bailed so now I'm buying it for myself..I know, about time I'm reading this!!!)
  • Hate List - Jennifer Brown (Yeah, a bit late, but it looks awesome and is so much cheaper online)
  • Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick (to be perfectly honest, I wasn't intending to get this and I already harbor some negative prejudice because of wrongful assumptions. I'm just hoping this will prove me wrong, I've heard both sides of reviews.)
  • Let it Snow - John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle (it was only six dollars and I thought "it's holidays, why not?" which isn't very smart and will probably not be a good mindset for the future but what the heck. I love John Green and Maureen Johnson is funny!)

I also won a contest for a gift card from Carol and used it to get:

  • Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (yes, I'm the bandwagon hopper, I just bought into all the hype and had to see if it would live up to it. Plus, the 600 pages will be a nice filler for the winter break)

I wanted to get Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta (squee!) but it was out of stock :(

All in all, I'm just uber-stoked for these books!! Can't wait, and I promise to review at least 2 of them!!

-AyC

No comments:

Post a Comment

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*