Saturday, December 26, 2009

Review: The Book Depository

This one will be short, don't worry. It's about the website: http://www.bookdepository.com/, and my opinion about their service.

The first time I used this service, I did NOT have a great experience. Books arrived extremely late, although I will say that contacting them was a great idea as they were prompt with their responses and very helpful.

After a tentative break (because of this hassled first experience) I tried ordering from them again, and I would say that everything went smoothly. I got my books on time (within the 7-10 business days promised when shipping to Canada) and I've ordered from them numerous times since. I have had a GREAT experience ever since.  The prices are much cheaper and the shipping could be questionable times (say 15 days to ship instead of 10; however, I would say given the great prices and free shipping it provides, it is still worth it.

I WOULD recommend using The Book Depository. Very good prices and FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING.

9/10

4 comments:

  1. I've had the books show up quickly most of the time, but twice it was close to a month. (I think.) Time for me isn't an issue. I love the site. I compare shop though. Test their prices against a couple of other places. Yesterday, I ordered three books, all were the cheapest around.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean by the cheap prices :) I dunno though, I have this weird OCDish tendancy to want things done efficiently. Knowing the shipping was fast for you, I think I will give this website another chance.
    Best wishes for the New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AyC - I only remember a couple of times they were a bit slow...more than expected. The rest of the time, I've gotten the books in a decent time. Amazon can take a couple of weeks sometimes when I opt for the free shipping. Like I said though, the time doesn't bother me. I sort of order way before I need books...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also ordered some books from BookDepository for the first time on October 2010.
    At early November, and while my books never arrived, they said that a full refund of 137.5 euros will appear in my account shortly.
    Shortly became FOREVER, so at January 10 of 2011 after I managed to find aphone number of them at last(!!!),some representative called Lu reassured me that they would send a cheque shortly (AGAIN!).
    Then on February 17 after I wrote them that if I don't get my cheque until the 25th, everyone on the web would hear my story, they replied that they would immediately contact their accounting department in order to send the cheque ....guess again....SHORTLY!
    I really hope they will clear my issue eventually and save me from 137.5 euros of expenditure, which -believe me- in Greece especially is a large amount of money!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*