Sunday, November 29, 2009

Movie Thoughts: The Proposal

Another movie "review". Just a heads up though, I will be the first to admit that I enjoy chick flicks a bit less than regular girls, and I'm not the hugest hugest fan of romantic comedies either. That being said, The Proposal was still enjoyable. I'm not including a summary or anything because I am lazy.

I didn't love love love it, I don't think I even loved it, I just liked it. It was maybe a bit above average.



What I liked: The humor aspect, Ryan Reynolds, the plot, the characters, and Ryan Reynolds. When I said I didn't like chick flicks, that didn't mean I don't enjoy my fair share of eye candy =P. The movie was funny. Like seriously, with the "stuck-up" Margaret (Sandra Bullock) who needs to marry Drew (Ryan-yummy-Reynolds) in order to prevent getting deported back to Canada - Where's the Canadian LOVE?!!?!- the characters are acted spot-on, with the perfect dialogue to keep it interesting and humorous at the same time. There were quite a few favourite lines, and favourite moments. You know how some movies are just trying to be funny? Well this one actually is, so that's good... Oh yeah, the fluffy white dog was adorable.

What I didn't like: The ending was a bit rushed, a bit meh. By the ending, I mean the part with Gamy at the end, btw. I didn't really like that, and I thought the conflict between Drew and his father was tied up too quickly and sloppily. To be honest, that particular conflict wasn't really drawn out very well, it was just 'there' to be resolved.

Bottom Lines: Watch the movie for laughs. And to admire Ryan Reynolds (I'm not even kidding, he is smoking in this movie. Must be the abs). Nothing too dramatic, nothing too serious, just a fun movie.

8/10 - where 7 is 50 First Dates and 9 is (500) Days of Summer.

-AyC

No comments:

Post a Comment

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*