Sunday, November 22, 2009

Movie Thoughts: Star Trek

Hey guys, look, I'm updating again! Oh, and this is a Movie Thoughts as opposed to a Movie Review, because quite frankly, I don't watch enough movies to adequately be able to 'review' one. And my tastes are probably really different from yours.





So recently, I watched Star Trek when it came out onto DVD, and I have to say, I loved it. I have never seen any Star Trek previously, and had no idea what the heck would be happening, but I think the movie didn't require previous knowledge. You can go into the movie and still understand the storyline and hopefully enjoy it.

I thought the acting was superb, with the Russian Chekov guy (who is rly cute, seriously!) to Spock (Sylar from Heroes, sorry, I suck with actors' names!) and James Kirk (Chris Pine, which I do know now..). Nero the antagonist was portrayed very well, as were the other characters like Sulu and Ahura. (sorry for typos).

The special effects were also fantastic, with so much action and explosions, your like HURRAY, but it's not so much that it is nothing but explosions, it actually manages to carry a really interesting plot. I also really enjoyed the humor in it, Kirk's womanizing ways and Scotty the warp-calculator-person. Some of those lines made me burst out laughing :)

So all in all, it seriously surpassed my expectations (yes, I prejudged it to be a film aimed only for trekkies and nerds and I feel ashamed for that). Watch it, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

9.2/10 (where 10 is Lord of The Rings 3, and 9 is The Dark Knight)

Again, these are my honest opinions, so I'm sorry if, say, you hated Star Trek but loved The Dark Knight...

-AyC

No comments:

Post a Comment

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*