Saturday, November 14, 2009

currently Reading

Honestly, I was never one to read multiple books at once, yet I find myself doing just that at the moment. It seriously surprises me, but not so much because I guess none of these books are specatacular enough to finish in one sitting. Short attention span, so I go to the next book.

So, the books I'm currently reading are:

13 Little Blue Envelopes- Maureen Johnson (It's okay right now, not very funny, not very interesting, not amazingly written. On track for a 7/10)

Evermore- Alyson Noel (I actually won't be finishing this one. I really really don't like it, I dislike the plot and the characters, but the characters especially, ahem, hello Mary Sue? Got a 4 from me)

The Time Traveler's Wife- Audrey Niffenegger (It's not as great as I hoped it would be, but I will finish after reading some other stuff. It's pretty obvious it's a bit more of an 'adult' book than a YA, but I already knew that going in. It can be a tad confusing with the timetraveling, but not impossible. on track for an 8)

Shiver- Maggie Stiefvater (Not a huge fan right now- see previous post, but I think I'll finish it. I don't like Grace's character and actions, and Sam seems 2-D, not to mention weird/obsesive/uhhhh. On track for a 7.5)


The order I think I'll read these are: Shiver, 13 LBE, Time traveler's Wife. Evermore won't make the list.
And I bought Just Listen and An Abundance of Katherines because they were on sale and I really enjoyed them :)
A Great and Terrible Beauty is sitting on my bedside table, I've read like the first 4 pages five times and I still can't get 'into' it. Does it get better??

What are you currently reading?

-AyC

2 comments:

  1. You're reading some awesome books there. The only one I haven't read is Shiver; I think I need to get on that.
    I also desperately want to read the books you've just bought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiver is pretty good (improved when there was more action, rating probably: 8.2), I would recommend it :)
    And An Abundance of Katherines is such a funny book, even the second time around! I hope you read it!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*