Monday, October 12, 2009

books Since Summer challenge

Hey guys! As promised, here's a list of the books I've read so far, and their rating. Sorry, again, too lazy to link the books to amazon, or to other review sites. There's also my WISHLIST and my TBR books included.

Books Read Since Sept. 8, 09

Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins (9.2)
Dreamland - Sarah Dessen (8)
North of Beautiful - Justina Chen Headley (9.2)
Saving Francesca - Melina Marchetta (8.8)
The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown (9.3)
Suite Scarlett - Maureen Johnson (8)
Looking for Alibrandi - Melina Marchetta (8.7)
The Demon's Lexicon - Sarah Rees Brennan (9.2)
Maximum Ride 5: Max - James Patterson (7)
Sweethearts - Sarah Zarr (7)
Girl at Sea - Maureen Johnson (7.8)

As you can see, I read two other Melina Marchetta books, both which I liked a lot. Read these because I love Jellicoe (you should be able to tell by now...)
The Lost Symbol...SQUEE. Not as good as Da Vinci Code or Angels&Demons, but still very fast paced and adventurous with mystery.
Uhm, I've heard some good stuff about Maureen Johnson, and her books are mostly funny, but I didn't find them amazing or anything.
Sweethearts was forgettable, and I remember not liking the characters or their motivations.
Catching Fire- I liked Hunger Games more tbh, and I'm Team Peeta ;)
North of Beautiful - very good, highly recommend, and trust me, Jacob is sa-wooon worthy (despite being a asian goth guy with orange spiked hair who wears black eyeliner) trust me. But of course, much more to the book than Jacob...
I loved Nick in Demon's Lexicon. Seriously, that guy is like the ultimate sword-weilding bad boy. Sa-woon. It's a tie between Jacob and Nick... Oh, and the plot of the book is very unique and the writing flows. Couldn't put it down.
Maximum Ride seems to have lost its touch. Sorry. The kids don't seem that cool anymore, just a tad spoiled, a tad bossy, a tad immature, and quite bratty (to me).

---

TBR Pile

The Shack - I keep putting this off because it seems really religous-y and sorry, that's not very appealing to me.
Prophecy of the Sisters - I've heard great stuff, it's sitting on the table beside me...I should really go read it.
Forever - by Judy Blume, I want to see what the 'hype' was about.
My Chemistry Textbook....

---

Wishlist

Fire - Kristen Cashore (seriously wishing upon every 11:11)
Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater
Coffeehouse Angel - Suzanne Selfors
Cracked Up To Be - Courtney Summers
The Time Travelers Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick
I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone - Stephanie Kuehnert
Hate List - Jennifer Brown
If I Stay - Gayle Foreman
Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green and David Levithan
[UPDATE: 1/3/10] I have gotten quite far along since this wishlist was created, and I am thrilled to say that the only books from this list I haven't yet gotten to read are: Coffeehouse Angel, I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone, and Will Grayson Will Grayson. That's three out of the original eleven :) Smiles for everyone.

---

I know, I know, some of the books on my wishlist are old! But they're on there because my library doesn't have them and I've ran out of money to buy more books...thus a wishlist. Plus there is like one book that isn't out yet.

--AyC

2 comments:

  1. Hello AyC – I’m a British author and a fellow member of Bookblogs, and I wanted to invite you (and your readers) to participate in my Blogsplash – there’s more information at http://www.fionarobyn.com/thawblogsplash.htm. Thanks for listening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the invite, but I'm so so terribly sorry, I'm too busy to participate! Again, my apologies!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*