Friday, September 25, 2009

apologies

So, this post will contain an array of apologies... Preparing to humble myself...

Okay, first, to (non-existent)readers of this blog, I'm so sorry for practically abandoning it for almost a month! I've been extremely busy with the start of school and can't manage to drag myself to write a review or posts. I'm not sure if this trend will be bucked soon, so I think I'll apologize in advance for not writing more reviews. I never appreciated just how much free time I had over the summer!

Secondly, and I think more importantly, I would like to apologize for a few of my more negative reviews (notably Wake by Lisa McMann and Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin). I was reading the post where I did a review for Wake and I claimed it 'sucked' because I didn't like it. That is not true. I am in no position to decide what books 'suck' and which books are 'great', I should just be giving my OPINION, not a degrading comment like that. So to any authors I offended with a negative review containing unneeded comments, I apologize. This doesn't mean I don't dislike the book, it just means I used the wrong words to describe my opinions. I will be changing the wording of those reviews ASAP. I'm not gonna comb through every review to remove offensive language, I will just edit the few that I can recall contained pretentious-ness. I was stupid to even think about writing mean things like that- your book don't suck, I just didn't find them enjoyable (and I'm sure many people will disagree with me at times).

Thanks for sticking with me... and sorry for not updating anything. I think I will make a 'cram review' soon, I've read 8 books since my last review and would love to share my thoughts! Soon...

--AyC

No comments:

Post a Comment

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*