Wednesday, July 1, 2009

happy CANADA day!!


WOOT for Canadians!!! I can't believe I almost forgot what day it was. I'm a Canadian immigrant since I was three, and I absolutely LOVE it here!
Happy Canada Day to all y'all Canadians out there.
And, I find I say 'huh' a lot more than 'eh?', if you know what I mean.
I would also note for the record, that I am NOT one of those kids who use this holiday as an excuse to get hammered. I'm a good kid :). That's me.
Oh! And I found a clever John Green (wrote novels like Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines) quote in a novel, and then on the web. It deals with nerds, which is undoubtably the category I will usually fall into, despite my protests that I am just a hard-working person.
"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50
Cent, and he's done all right for himself."
-John Green (vlogbrothers on youtube)
Yes, I giggled a bit when I read that too. Yay for intelligent people! And for Canada! SQUEEE!
*I know this post is utterly pointless and really badly written with short fragments an pointless content. Sue me.
--AyC

No comments:

Post a Comment

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*