Sunday, June 21, 2009

some songs On My mind right Now

A Dustland Fairytale- The Killers
-I was actually gonna try and put it as my blogspot name, but unfortunately, its already in use :(. Love the song, watch the video too, it's incredible! And the lyrics, man, the lyrics!! I'm planning on analyzing this song if I can next year for English. It's written about his mother (I think), and is unbelievably great.
-I'm a sucker for amazing lyrics (see: Amazed, lol, sappy!!). This song is almost like a poem, with metaphors and stuff. Not like the Miley Cyrus listing off a bunch of crap about boys, or Taylor Swift (I love her though!) basically speaking in sappy/fluffy sentences. Don't get me wrong, I like those lyrics too, but these ones seem so REAL. "Out here the good girls die" *sniff*

21 Guns- Green Day
-Watched this on SNL a few weeks ago, but I just found out its actual name. Really love it, love the lyrics too: "One, 21 guns / Lay down your arms/ give up this fight"

So Long, Goodbye- 10 Years
-I think this song is pretty old, but I just discovered it recently. I love the haunting, melodic tone. Sad lyrics, currently on my 'Sleepy Songs' playlist.

--AyC

No comments:

Post a Comment

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*