Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rating System

My Ratings:

I have a weird rating system, in the fact that all my ratings are over 5. Why? Well, because where I live, 49% is a fail (in school) and I'm a dedicated student so the 90's are the good grades. This kind of stuck with me, so I feel I’m “failing” a book if I give it 50% (5/10), capiche?

And I hate giving books a huge “fail” rating, so listen up!

To make it easier and make more sense, subtract 5 from each "10" rating, and make the entire thing out of 5.

For example, a 9/10 book will be 9-5=4... =4/5.
An 8.5/10 would be 8.5-5=3.5... =3.5/5. Get it?
A 5/10 would be 0/5 which means it was very unenjoyable.

REMEMBER: subtract 5, and make the whole thing out of 5.

If you go see the "My Tags" widget in the left sidebar, you can see the book reviews I tagged with "Rating: # +". That will sort out the ratings, kind of. A book that is 8.3/10 would be in the "Rating: 8+" and a book that is 9/10 would be in "Rating: 9+". Pretty easy peasy :)

-&-

My feelings about my ratings:

10/10 - is basically impossible. I have yet to find a book I loved so much to give it the perfect score.

Anything 9.4/10 or above is absolutely amazing. It would be stalker-love for me. Get off the computer. Get ahold of the book. READ.

Something 9-9.3/10 is love. Yes, read it right now.

8.5-8.9/10 is really really like. Yes, read it.

8-8.5/10 is like. Recommended, but it wasn’t spectacular.

7-7.9/10 is meh. Up to you if you want to read it.

6-6.9/10 is dislike. (It's like 1/5 stars) Wouldn’t recommend.

-&-

Does that make sense? I hope so. If you have any questions, just shoot me an email at: holesinmybrain(at)hotmail(dot)com, or leave a comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*