Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Book Review Policy

So, my Book Review Policy definitely needed a serious revamp. Well, here it is, I hope it’s a bit more organized, and bit easier to understand!

To Authors/Publishers:

I would be honoured to accept an ARC or finished copy in exchange for an honest review. Honest to who? To ME. No matter what, I can’t assure you that my review will be unbiased because let’s face it, it’s my review. I don't mean to sound self-centered, though. Nonetheless, I will not book bash, or author bash.

I would love to participate in author interviews and giveaways as well.

If you’re interested, shoot me an email at: holesinmybrain(at)hotmail(dot)com. I’ll try to reply promptly, I check my email daily.


Genres:
  • Realistic/contemporary
  • Dystopic/futuristic/post-Apocalyptic
  • Fantasy
  • Paranormal/Urban Fantasy/Supernatural
  • Adventure/Quest
  • Mystery
Probably in that order too, and I prefer Young Adult novels. Heads up, I am getting a bit tired of vampires and werewolves though, thought you should know. And I’m pretty nitpicky about Mary-Sue characters, they rarely work for me. Lastly, I dislike books centered almost completely around romance (especially lust-disguised-as-twu-luv romance).

I don’t want to sound unfriendly or mean, I just think you should be privy to this info.


My Reviews…

Will consist of a short pointless paragraph, usually tell you why I decided to read this book. A summary (written by me or taken from goodreads, will be specified), and then “My Thoughts” or my review.
There will be a rating out of 10 at the very end. Go here to see my Rating System.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*